Our commitment to Sustainability
Adever is committed to promoting sustainability. Our concern for the environment and promoting a broader sustainability agenda are integral to our professional activities and the management of the company.
We are committed to a clean and healthy environment. The company recognises the environmental implications of its activities and is committed to achieving best environmental practice within all areas of its business by implementing and maintaining the Environmental Management Standard ISO 14001
We aim to follow and to promote good sustainability practice, to reduce the environmental impacts of all our activities and to help our clients, employees and subcontractors to do the same. We understand that our environmental impact involves more than just the work we carry out on site, this is why as a company we are committed to reducing our carbon footprint concentrating on such things as reducing the amount of fuel we use. Within our ISO 14001 management system we work to reduce embodied energy and source materials from local suppliers.
Our Sustainability Policy is based upon the following principles:
- To comply with, and exceed where practicable, all applicable legislation, regulations and codes of practice.
- To integrate sustainability considerations into all our business decisions.
- To ensure that all staff are fully aware of our Sustainability Policy and are committed to implementing and improving it.
- To minimise the impact on sustainability of all office and transportation activities.
- To make clients and suppliers aware of our Sustainability Policy, and encourage them to adopt sound sustainable management practices.
- To review, annually report, and to continually strive to improve our sustainability performance
How we Implement Sustainability on our Projects
We are a bronze member of BREEAMs SMART Waste system and continually look to develop and enhance our efficiency with regards to our environmental impact. Adever was accredited with ISO 14001 in 2009 and has since been, along with its suppliers and sub-contractors dedicated to reducing waste, energy consumption and our carbon footprint. Our performance is measured by comparing monthly data produced by our waste champion and comparing it with previous information both on the same and similar projects.
We set a benchmark at the start of the project based on previous information of a similar contract and update information into tables for review every month, if targets are not met then an investigation takes place by the waste champion as to why and information if relayed back to site management and then to operatives in the form of a toolbox talk to ensure targets are met the within the next period.